Reductions in HFC production by 2024
Delegates to the Montreal Protocol met on July 23-27 at a Meeting of the Montreal Open-Ended Working Group (OEWG). Significant progress was made on a prop amendment to phase out HFC refrigerant summary of the North American propo amendment:
- T argets 21 HFC and 2 HFO refrigerants
- Gradual phasedown (with a plateau) as opposed to a phaseo an alterative refrigerant may not exist for every HFC on the m
- Reduction in consumption and production of listed refriger according to the following schedule- 20% in 2024; 40% in 2034; 85% in 2043
- Baseline for developed countries is calculated as HFC and 85 consumption and production averages during years 2005 thro
- License required for importing and exporting HFC refrigerants
The Meeting of the Parties to the Montreal Protocol will take place in November 12-16.